Benny Kisses!

Benny Kisses!
Kiss, Kiss

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Benny gets to Doug's and Patti's snowed in at Winters, TX

Benny arrives at Doug's
I am Cindy, Benny's other friend. Patti, Benny's saviour and soulmate is snowed in out in Winters, Texas. She and Benny got here yesterday and I was able to meet Benny face to face for the first time.

I knew Benny as though I'd known him all my life. I'm thinking of Old Man...by Neil Young..in fact, it's playing on the radio right now....

I'm willing to bet Benny arranged this somehow...he really isn't a dog..but a little man...a Gandhi-like man...boy..what a joy to get to know Benny.

I want to share a photo or two, but would like to wait and let Patti upload the bulk of them and keep Benny's flame burning. I really believe she helped Benny learn what hope means. Thank you, Patti. Thank you, Clare for showing us how to make Benny feel better. Thank you, Kathi and Linda and all who write such wonderful letters to Benny. Thank you, Doug, for saying, 'shoot, it's a shame he's not here..." hahaha...and now, he is! Watch what you wish for. It might just happen!

Please keep writing to Benny. I'll bet Doug could be talked into reading some of your letters to him, but I bet he already knows what you've written before the ink dries on your computer screen. As I write anything about Benny, I feel warm and loved all over and that's not an accident. I love you, Benny.

Rummy nursemaiding Benny


Love lost, such a cost,
Give me things
that don't get lost.
Like a coin that won't get tossed
Rolling home to you.

Old man take a look at my life
Benny all tucked in, safe and very loved
I'm a lot like you
I need someone to love me
the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes
and you can tell that's true.

Lullabies, look in your eyes,
Run around the same old town.
Doesn't mean that much to me
To mean that much to you.

I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Old man take a look at my life
I'm a lot like you
I need someone to love me
the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes
and you can tell that's true.

Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.



4 comments:

  1. Oh Dear Sweet Benny, you deserve all the love you are getting and you give us hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benny, you have another dog friend again! Rummy looks like he will be a great companion for you. And your new humans appear to be bursting at the seams with love for you. I think they are right, you are a little buddah ghandi, that purposefully came back into this world to teach folks what love is and to remind us that love and compassion are truly amazing feelings that must be shared and passed on. I have to tell you, it warms my heart each day after I read your updates, knowing that there are other folks in this world who have as much love in their hearts as I do for animals. Our collective energy makes the world a better place. Thank you Benny for inspiring me every day to be a better person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update on Rummy..he's already lost interest in Benny and moved on..haha..you know how dogs are. Rummy is a character..another saved precious animal by Doug who has the biggest heart in dogland.

    ReplyDelete