Benny Kisses!

Benny Kisses!
Kiss, Kiss

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A great hair day!

Benny is growing hair.  Look at the above photo and you can see it!  This is truly a great hair day photo.  Here where I live in Cobb CA, we are shoveling out from a huge snow storm .  Power poles and trees were down all over.  We were without power for three days and just got Internet a couple of hours ago.  During this time Benny has been happily growing some hair and is beginning to look like he has a brindle coat.  In the photo below he is actually looking like a dog:

During the storm which caught those of us living on Cobb Mountain by surprise with its severity life got paired down to both more simplicity and intensity.  This became especially true when we realized it could be five to seven days before we had electricity and that travel out was blocked by fallen trees.  We shoveled snow and talked with our neighbors, offered help.  Sometimes this type of unpredictable event brings out the best in us.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I am left to ponder what causes the difference. 
I worked on a quilt, many of the pieces of fabric were from very old worn out clothing.  It was helpful for me to takes pieces of something that had fallen apart, been worn out, faded and ripped and to make something new and useful.  Perhaps it will be a blanket for another rescue dog, or a friend, or someone I don't know.  I do know that in times of crisis many of us reconsider what is meaningful and find it in our connection to all of life around us, to the simplicity and intensity of each moment.
Wishing you all warm licks and soft blankets.  Love, Benny






5 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Patti! I am so glad you're back among the living. I always get so much from your blogs. I love the worn out quilt story. That brings to mind my quilt story from yesterday. I walked Pip on the trail like seven miles. Then, went to the grocery store after running into Goodwill where I purchased my cats a 'new' quilt for their bed. By the time I got out of the grocery store, Pip had chewed up the quilt with tufts of stuffing all over the car. I guess I have to take the 'not a chewer' off her Petfinder ad. Oboy. O Benny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oboy, oBenny...I posted under Patti's name..delete...


    here is my post:

    Oh, my gosh, Patti! I am so glad you're back among the living. I always get so much from your blogs. I love the worn out quilt story. That brings to mind my quilt story from yesterday. I walked Pip on the trail like seven miles. Then, went to the grocery store after running into Goodwill where I purchased my cats a 'new' quilt for their bed. By the time I got out of the grocery store, Pip had chewed up the quilt with tufts of stuffing all over the car. I guess I have to take the 'not a chewer' off her Petfinder ad. Oboy. O Benny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Benny! u are my hero :) i had missed a couple blogs and was having benny withdrawls but now that i'm caught up (got my benny fix) i'm better...so glad to see ur doing well. luv the new pics. wish u were closer cuz i think i could luv on u all day long. thx for sharing ur life with us thru pj. can't wait for the next dose :) luv u benny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benny you are a handsome fella. Look at that fuzz growin all over you. we can't wait to see what your coat looks like. You are learning to be a dog again and I can see in your eyes the flame of hope and happiness. Still sending you love every single day,
    warren and sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elsie says that having new fur growing in is a wonderful thing. Especially since it has been so cold here. Brindle huh? You are beautiful no matter what color grows in for I only see you. Elsie

    Patti - glad you are back. Stay warm. I am going to work on some fleece blankets when I get back home from MS.

    ReplyDelete