Benny Kisses!

Benny Kisses!
Kiss, Kiss

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Where we have been

Today I saw a photo of a very young pup, emaciated, needing help, and was reminded of how far Benny has come.  When I picked Benny up from the vet's he weighed 30lbs and could hardly walk.  Here is the first photo I took of Benny:
This photo still brings tears to my eyes.  I had never seen a dog this thin, literally every bone could be seen and yet he was willing to hope for help.

This next photo shows Benny sleeping (snoring) away in one of the motels as we made our way to Texas.  You can see where he has scratched himself by his ears resulting in bleeding which turned into scabs: 


And now this photo of Benny, falling asleep in Doug's chair.  His hair is growing back, he weighs 46lbs, and was playing with other dogs before this photo was taken:
Dr Martin Luther King said, " We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."  I believe all of you following Benny's progress gave him hope.  You have certainly given it to me.  I believe that Benny, as he has progressed has given hope to each one of us.  May we carry that hope forward and help all beings.
Wishing you all the gift of infinite hope,
Love,
Benny

3 comments:

  1. Benny, you are hope, love and joy to me. I am looking forward to meeting you face to face in March. I am so blessed to have been able to offer you Reiki and to see these results just makes me feel full of hope, love and joy. Namaste dear boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely tribute to how quickly and drastically one's life can improve with a little TLC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Benny,
    I love seeing you on the blogs. You are a very handsome dog. I feel you in my heart and snuggled in my lap. May we meet again face to face some day. I'm glad you new mates are your friends. You deserve the best. Please tell Doug and Cindy that I am really glad that they have you at their home. Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete